Building & Construction Products
At DuPont, we’re focused on dynamic science that generates real-world solutions for the Building & Construction Industries.
That’s why DuPont is at the forefront of building science, with brands you depend on, like Tyvek®, SentryGlas®, Corian® solid surfaces, Zodiaq® quartz surfaces and KEVLAR®. DuPont is showing up for work at residential and commercial job sites around the globe. We're meeting the challenges of discovering and developing the innovative solutions you need in a changing world.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
To facilitate the choice of mechanical (cut) protective clothing, both the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the European Union (EU) have developed cut standards for selection criteria.
Durability and Lifecycle of DuPont™ Protera®
The superior lifecycle of DuPont™ Protera®, as well as its thermal-resistant protection and ease of maintenance, sets it apart from FR-treated fabrics. See how Protera® compares.
Thermal Regulations Overview
DuPont offers an overview of the typical regulation hazard codes and the leading thermal regulations impacting personal protective equipment (PPE).
NFPA 70E® Electric Arc
The NFPA 70E® electric arc flash standard addresses electrical safety–related work practices for employee workplaces that are necessary for the practical safeguarding of employees relative to the hazards associated with electrical energy during activities such as the installation, inspection, operation, maintenance, and demolition of electric conductors, electric equipment, signaling and communications conductors and equipment, and raceways.
NFPA 2113 Overview
NFPA 2113 specifies the minimum selection, care, use, and maintenance requirements for flame-resistant garments for use by industrial personnel in areas at risk from flash fires or short-duration flame exposure that are compliant with NFPA 2112.
NESC® C2 Overview
NESC® C2 sets best practices and rules to protect utility workers in the construction, maintenance, and operation of electric supply and communication lines and equipment.
Durability and Lifecycle of DuPont™ Nomex®
Durable, inherently fire-resistant Nomex® fiber has an excellent wear life and helps contribute to bottom-line savings.
Comfort & Heat Stress
For maximum protection against fires, the body must be covered as completely as possible with flame-resistant protective clothing. This requires long pants and long sleeves, making for hot work in warm and humid climates. Understandably, industrial workers may be concerned about potential heat stress when wearing protective apparel. Learn more about the factors that can lead to heat stress, and how DuPont brands can help offer comfort and protection in protective garments.
DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Awards
The DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Awards recognized DuPont customers’ ingenuity through products and services that incorporated new ideas, methods, technologies, or applications for Kevlar®.
New Kevlar® Plant at Cooper River
The new plant near Charleston, South Carolina, together with our other global assets, helps DuPont meet strong and growing global demand for Kevlar®.
- Design Ideas from Corian®
- An Environmentally Friendly Choice
- The Aquatics Centre Wall cladding in Deep Nocturne
- Recently renovated Rijksmuseum Amsterdam
- A jewellery with the look of the interior of a jewel box
- Sofitel Casablanca Tour Blanche dress up high-tech elegance
- New Morocco Mall shows the limitless potential of Corian®
- Translucent Walls at Elie Tahari
- Radisson Hotel Restaurant Design
- Platinum Casino
- Petrom City’s New Interior Design
- Origami Island Kitchen
- The Iconic Art Deco Midland Hotel
- Hotel Sofitel Brussels Le Louise
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Corian® for Residential Design
- Corian® for Healthcare
- Firefighter Gear & Turnout Gear
- Marine Composites
- Corian® for Reception Counters
- Corian® for Kitchen Worktops
- Corian® for Interior Wall Surfaces
- Corian® for Bathroom Countertops
- Decontamination and Remediation
- Corian® Design Through Collaboration
- Corian® for Food Service
- Corian® Technique - Making Curves / Thermoforming