Collaborative Solutions From DuPont Performance Polymers
DuPont is a leader in thermoplastics, elastomers, finished parts and biopolymers, combining groundbreaking material science with global access.
At DuPont Performance Polymers, we are working with customers to make things better. From products and processes that work better to innovations that help make business and society better.
We tackle big challenges where performance really matters, including finding renewable polymer feedstocks sourced from non-food biomass and other means to reduce dependence on fossil fuel. Our work supports more sustainable mobility, through automotive fuel efficiency, improved production in manufacturing operations, robust connections for personal communications as well as progressive design in healthcare and furnishings.
As the company that invented Nylon, Neoprene, and Kevlar®, DuPont has a deep commitment to research and development that continues today. DuPont is a global collaborator acting locally, with technical support focused in 65 countries, and manufacturing facilities strategically placed across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- Materials for Vehicle Lighting Systems
- CVJ Boots of Hytrel® TPC-ET
- Vespel® SP-21 Thrust Washers
- Vespel® CR-6100 Boiler Pumps
Sealing Collaboration Pays Dividends in Chamber Cleaning
Chamber cleaning with NF3 / O2 plasma increased maintenance at Spansion due to seal erosion. Kalrez® 9100 parts improved productivity and reduced cost-of-ownership. Kalrez® 9100 parts were successfully qualified in both thin films and dry etch tools.
- Pharmaceutical Seals for CIP and SIP
- Kalrez® parts in API Handling Processes
- Bushings in New EGR Valve
- Polymer Oil Pan Module
- Line Shaft Bearings for Pumps
- Canned Motor Pumps with Vespel® Parts
- Vespel® Thrust Bearings for EGR Valve
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Vehicle Safety Solutions
Kalrez® TriLobe™ Seals
Kalrez® TriLobe™ Seals improve seal life in dovetail grooves. This design combines the excellent chemical, thermal and plasma resistance of Kalrez® perfluoroelastomer parts with a unique cross-sectional shape.
- Kalrez® Slabs and Sheets
- Kalrez® Composite Seals
- Kalrez® Parts Heat Resistance
- Kalrez® Parts Chemical Resistance
- Alternative Drive Vehicles
- Kalrez® Parts Reduce Wafer Contamination
- Kalrez® Bonded Door Seals
- Kalrez® 9100 for lower contamination
Seal Outgassing Test Results
Evaluation and comparison of outgassing for three different classes of elastomeric seal materials used in semiconductor process environments using DuPont test methodology.
- Vespel® SCP High Temperature Polyimide Parts